A CLASSIC GENTLEMAN YACHT FROM 1964
MEMBER OF THE ROYAL DANISH YACHTCLUB
PRESS FOR DANISH
VELCOME TO THE ENGLISH TRANSLATION. We are sorry that not all of the page are translated into English, but if you have any specific questions, please use the contact form and we will respond in English. We regret this circumstance.
Ocean Saloon is a members-only yacht, operated af sailed by members for members
Ocean Saloon sails under the Danish flag and is based in Østerbro in Copenhagen. A yacht like this is unique and stunningly beautiful with its classic lines, familiar from the 60's. Built from precious woods such as mahogany and teak, at 87 feet she is one of the largest of her kind in the world.
Little has changed since 1964 when it was built and we aim to keep it just as it is. M/Y Ocean Saloon is operated by the Ocean Association, a non-profit Organization whose purpose, according to its bylaws, is to preserve, maintain and operate the M/Y Ocean Saloon as a seaworthy yacht worthy of preservation, for the enjoyment of its members, their guests, and all who support the preservation of the yacht.
Are you fascinated by the sea and can you imagine you and your friends/family being pampered for a few hours out on the Sea, then become a member so you can join us on board Ocean Saloon.
MEMBERSHIP; You can apply for an annual membership by filling in an application form. The association has 5 different memberships, and a personal membership (B member) costs in 2023 Dkk. 200,00 first time, and then Dkk. 100,00 if you want to continue in the future. If you do not wish to continue, the membership will automatically end. We are delighted to welcome you.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERES
1. As a member, can I bring a guest? Yes, but members have first priority.
2. Does Ocean Saloon have a charter license? No - Ocean Saloon is a private pleasure craft sailed only by members and for members.
3. How long is my membership valid? All memberships are limited to 1 year, which is the calendar year in which the membership is recognized. See also See the statutes §7.3.
4. Are members responsible for the financial situation of the Association. No, members are not liable for the Association's obligations. Only the assets of the Association are liable. See Articles of Association §9.0
5. Who sets the membership fee and any maintenance fees? This is set by the elected Board of the Association.
6. How does the association earn money to pay the associated operating expenses? Like any other association through membership fees, maintenance fees and from sponsors and donations.
7. What happens to any surplus? The association is a non-profit association, so any profits will mostly be invested in the association's property to preserve its value.
8. How many members can be on board? This depends on the nature of the membership event, but as it is a privately owned recreational vessel, the final decision rests with the captain.
9. Are members insured while on board? When sailing and staying on a private vessel, members' own private liability and accident insurance applies. See the Articles of Association &11 The Association has an insurance policy which covers the members who sail the vessel.
10. Are there different types of membership? Yes, there are several different types, in part to satisfy members in the election process.
Ask your own questions, using the contact form abow, and we will reply as soon as possible.